Total People are committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Total People have a range of policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding which cover the 6 R’s; Recruit, Recognise, Record, Reporting, Respond and Review.
Total People have adopted safer recruitment practices to ensure that suitable people are appointed to job roles. As part of the recruitment process all applicants must complete our Application form. If candidates are successful to be selected for interview, a two to one interview (including a practical test) will then be conducted to test competencies and skills required for the role.
The successful candidate will then be offered a conditional offer letter subject to the following conditions:
- Proof of Right to work in the UK and
- Receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check if applicable for job role (further guidance in relation to DBS can be found on the government website) and
- 2 satisfactory References and
- Proof of qualifications held – we will need to see original certificates of qualifications held relevant to job role and
- We will also need to see your driving licence both card and green paper copy, insurance documents (showing you are covered for business use) and MOT certificate if your role will require driving
Having a criminal record does not automatically mean that an individual cannot work for Total People. A risk assessment will take place to assess suitability for the role.
Safeguarding is a shared responsibility of all staff and is included as part of staff job profiles. As part of induction training all staff are required to attend and complete safeguarding training and any subsequent update courses which are provided.
We train all of our staff to recognise the signs of abuse:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual Abuse
Total People have processes in place to record learner concerns and staff concerns.
Total People have developed links with Local Authority, LADO and Social Services so that we can direct our concerns to the best people so that they can address them where appropriate. We have clear and visible policies regarding information sharing, to ensure that only relevant information is shared with our partners.
We respond with sensitivity to all learner and staff concerns with their welfare always being paramount.
Total People’s safeguarding policy is reviewed annually to reflect new legislation and amendments to current legislation. If required the appropriate members of the Safeguarding team will hold a serious case review.