Electrical Installation Assessor
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Negotiable
Total People are looking to recruit an Electrical Installation Assessor. You will be responsible for instructing, assessing and supporting learners to achieve their apprenticeship in both a classroom/workshop setting and in their workplace.
You will become an integral part of the electrical delivery team within Total People. You must have prior knowledge and experience of electrical apprenticeships.
We are currently supporting employers and learners across North West of England with a primary focus on Cheshire + Warrington and Greater Manchester, and in North Staffordshire and North Shropshire, Midlands so a willingness to work independently and ability to manage own workload is essential. You will be provided with all the equipment and support to enable you to work independently.
The key responsibilities include:
• To enrol learners on to their programme, provide induction, initial assessment, advice and guidance to your learners.
• Providing on the job training and coaching to your learners in their workplace and Total People centres
• Assessing your learners using a range of methods against the programme requirements
• Supporting your learners to develop their functional skills
• Monitoring and recording progress throughout the program
• Marketing and to maintain a caseload of learners, managing your own work schedule
• To ensure administration and documentation is accurately completed within the required timeframes
• Qualified Electrician/NVQ Level 3/recognised Apprenticeship
• 17th / 18th Edition Regulations
• Recognised Assessor qualification
• A genuine passion towards learning and development and the ability to motivate and inspire your learners to achieve
• An ability to promote apprenticeships and work-based training
• A good understanding of functional skills delivery
• Flexible approach to meet employer and learner requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Full UK Driving Licence and access to a car is essential to the role (car allowance provided)
• Internal Verifier Award such as V1
• Inspection & Testing such as C&G 2391/92 or 2394/95
• An appropriate recognised teaching qualification
Please note this vacancy may be withdrawn prior to the closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 31/05/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.