Electrical Installations Tutor
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Winsford
At Total People, we are passionate about what we do, our aim is to help apprentices learn valuable, new skills that will enhance their career prospects and prepare them for employment. We want our new successful colleague to have exactly the same passion as we do, to , who are inspired to achieve results through developing others and who want to pass on their skills and knowledge onto the next generation of electrical professionals .
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you as we are currently recruiting for an Electrical Tutor to deliver training from our centre in Winsford, Cheshire. We also would need you to provide cover as and when required at any of our other centres, predominantly our Telford Centre. So you’ll need to be prepared to travel and have use of a car. A car allowance is provided.
As a course tutor you will deliver electrical knowledge training to Level 3 apprentices in both classroom and workshop environments across multiple sites so you’ll need to be prepared to travel and have use of a car.
The successful candidate must have completed a time served electrical installation apprenticeship and be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Electrical Installation. They must also have relevant experience of working within the construction industry as a qualified electrician and ideally have a knowledge and understanding of NVQ’s in Electrical Installation. They must also hold GCSE English & Maths (A*-C) and a Teaching/Assessing qualification.
This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who has previous experience within Electrical Installation both teaching and assessing electrical apprentices.
• Provide quality teaching and learning at a range of levels
• Contribute to the development of schemes of work and session plans
• Carryout administrative duties associated with teaching including registers, assessments, course records and evaluations.
• Interviewing and conducting initial assessments of learners onto the programme
• Monitoring and recording the progress of learners throughout their programme
• Providing feedback and offering advice
• Supporting and motivating learners to achieve
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Teaching Qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd)
• Relevant Trade Qualification (Electrical Installation)
• Literacy and Numeracy Qualifications (at Level 2 or above)
• Assessor qualification (A1/TAQA)
• Internal Verification qualification (IQA qualification)
• Inspection & Testing Qualification (2391 or 2394/95)
• 17th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification
• Genuine passion towards learning and development, being able to communicate and empathise with learners
• Ability to motivate and inspire achievement
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to promote the benefits of apprenticeships to businesses and employers
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.