Learning Coaches for Bus and Coach Apprenticeships (multiple roles)
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Manchester
Both full time and part time applications welcome
Total People are looking to recruit a Learning Coach who will be responsible for teaching and assessing students on the Bus & Coach Engineering Apprenticeship Standard.
Delivery will take place at The Manchester College. Although there may also be delivery in other areas when required.
Please note as Total People are primarily based in the Northwest, there will be occasion requirements to visit our other centres in Cheshire and Greater Manchester.
Although working remotely as well as classroom based you will become an integral part of the Automotive delivery team. At Total People we have a team of dedicated colleagues on hand to support you and you will be provided with all the equipment to enable you to work remotely.
This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who has previous experience within Automotive Engineering both teaching and assessing apprentices.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Provide quality teaching and learning at a range of levels
• Contribute to the development of schemes of work and session plans
• Carry out administrative duties associated with teaching including registers, assessments, course records and evaluations.
• Interviewing and conducting initial assessments of learners onto the programme
• Monitoring and recording the progress of learners throughout their programme
• Ensure all training delivery is varied and able to be adapted to meet individual and group needs.
• Providing feedback and offering advice
• Supporting and motivating apprentices to achieve
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• A time served apprenticeship and be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle / Bus and Coach or equivalent
• Relevant experience of working in the Automotive Engineering industry as a qualified automotive technician (Mechanical & Electrical)
• Teaching Qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd)
• Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle / Bus and Coach or equivalent
• GCSE English & Maths (A*-C) or equivalent Literacy and Numeracy Qualifications (at Level 2 or above)
• Assessor qualification (A1/TAQA)
• Internal Verification qualification (IQA qualification) - Desirable
• Genuine passion towards learning and development, being able to communicate and empathise with learners
• Ability to motivate and inspire achievement
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Knowledge and understanding of VRQ’s/NVQ’s and Apprenticeship Standards.
If the above is on interest to you and you would like an informal discussion prior to applying for the role, please email HR@totalpeople.co.uk
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.