Functional Skills Learning Coach
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Manchester
We are currently looking to recruit a Learning Coach to join our Functional Skills Team based at Manchester, working for Total People. You will be delivering qualifications in a classroom based setting as well as a one to one basis.
We are looking for someone who has a real passion in developing others to achieve their Functional Skills for their qualification.
Key Responsibilities –
• Manage and maintain a caseload of learners as agreed with your line manager and carry out regular learner interventions
• Engage the learner’s line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
• Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
• Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
• Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
• Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these areas
• Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
• Work closely with IQA’s on best practice, development needs and providing sampling, monitoring as detailed in the IQA plan.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
• Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
• Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
Essential Skills -
• Relevant occupational sector experience and relevant qualifications (at a level higher than delivery), and/or current updated CPD
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of coaching to support learning
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
• Full UK driving licence and access to a car as you will be required to travel.
• Will need to work flexibly to meet the needs of the learners, may need to do some evening delivery in Openshaw to Automotive learners and may need to travel to London to support Automotive learners at Perivale.
Desirable Skills -
• Coaching qualification
• TAQA, AVA, A1 or D32/33 Assessor Qualification
• Knowledge of Government funded training
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.