Recruitment and Engagement Officer
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for a Recruitment and Engagement Officer to join our team at Total People.
As a Recruitment and Engagement Officer you will be establishing and maintaining relationships with applicants, providing information, advice and support from application through to successful apprenticeship hire (where applicable) or onto a wide range of Work based learning/Classroom based learning opportunities.
• Provide information, advice, guidance and support to applicants about Apprenticeships and other opportunities
• Establish and maintain working relationships with the applicants, providing advice and support
• Prepare applicants for those interviews, arrange interviews for applicants; managing the process through to successful hire (where applicable)
• Follow up with employers and applicants after interview
• Update relevant systems with vacancy and applicant progress.
• Liaise with Marketing/Business Development/Sectors so that vacancies are effectively monitored and managed
• Manage each vacancy through all stages of matching applicants to vacancies, to agreed targets
• Ensure effective relationships with stakeholders are maintained when vacancies have been advertised: keeping in regular contact, providing updates regarding applicants and dealing with queries as they arise
• Organise and facilitate assessment days for colleagues and employers – group or one to one scenarios
• Support and deliver CEIAG/boot camp opportunities for applicants in collaboration with other internal colleagues
• Liaise and network with new partner organisations/referral agencies to create pipelines of applicants for opportunities
• Participate in careers activities within group/schools/colleges/stakeholders providing advice and support to potential applicants
• Produce management reports where appropriate
• Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues
• Undertake other duties agreed with Line Manager
• Evaluate and develop own practice
Maths GCSE Grade C (or equivalent)
English GCSE Grade C (or equivalent)
Experience of working within a work based learning environment
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues
Ability to communicate effectively with young people and those who influence them - parents, teachers etc
Adaptable and ability to work on own initiative
Full UK driving licence and access to a car as travelling will be required (Car allwoance will be provided)
Careers, Advice and Guidance L3/L4
Experience of working within a CEIAG environment
Experience of funding and delivery of Apprenticeships and other courses
Excellent presentation skills
Knowledge of funding and delivery of Apprenticeships and other courses
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.