Health and Social Care - Residential Childcare Learning Coach
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Negotiable
We are looking for a Learning Coach who has a real passion for developing people to join our the Health and Social Care Cluster at Total People
The coach’s role will be to assess learners who are employed in Residential Childcare Settings and are undertaking Apprenticeships and diploma qualifications in this area, so it essential that you have worked in a similar setting.
As a Learning Coach, you will be responsible for undertaking a varied and demanding role in supporting a caseload of Apprentice and Non Apprentice learners in the Workplace and assisting in the growth of the sector.
• Carrying out initial assessment and signing learners up onto the programme
• Providing on and off the job training and coaching to learners in their residential childcare setting
• Assessing learners using a range of methods
• Monitoring and recording the progress of learners throughout their program
• Engaging and motivating learners to meet their achievement targets
• Conducting health and safety checks within the learners’ setting
• Working to promote and apply Total People’s Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment policies
• Knowledge and experience of Apprenticeships and Diplomas in Residential Childcare and the assessment process
• Sound and current experience in a residential childcare setting or another children’s health or social care settings
• A qualification in Children’s Social Care at level 3 or above
• A genuine passion for learning and development
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• The ability to motivate and inspire achievement
• An ability to promote the benefits of apprenticeships to businesses and employers
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required. Travelling to see learners at their workplace is an essential part of this role. (A car allowance is provided)
A recognised assessor qualification and / or post 16 teaching qualification
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.