Functional Skills Learning Coach - Multiple Opportunities
Permanent Contract Base: See enclosed vancancy
Functional Skills Learning Coaches - Multiple Opportunities
Due to expansion of the functional skills provision within Total People we have a number of vacancies for Learning Coaches who will specialise in teaching functional English and maths skills to our apprentices.
We are currently welcoming applications from both full time and part time applicants for the following locations:
• Northwest and Greater Manchester – Permanent part time basis
• North London – 1 Year fixed term contract on a full time basis (will consider part time applicants)
• Manchester – Permanent full time basis (will consider part time applicants)
• Manchester - 1 Year fixed term contract on a full time basis (will consider part time applicants)
As a Learning Coach working for Total People you will be responsible for the achievement of Functional Skills for a caseload of learners. The training will be delivered in a mix of distance learning, small group work and 1:1 support. Some of the teaching will be delivered in our training centres and some in the learner’s workplace.
We are looking for colleagues who have a real passion in developing others to achieve their functional skills. Although working remotely you will become an integral part of a wider team of colleagues, who all committed to supporting our learners to achieve. At Total People we have a team of dedicated colleagues on hand to support you and you will be provided with all the equipment to enable you to work remotely.
• Manage and maintain a caseload of learners as agreed with your line manager and carry out regular learner teaching and learning.
• Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
• Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
• Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
• Engage with the learner’s vocational learning coach and line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
• Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
• Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
Essential Skills -
• Experience of working with learners to support English and maths development
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
• Teaching qualification or working towards (Cert Ed)
Desirable Skills -
• Level 3 qualification in either English or maths
• Knowledge of Government funded training
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 21/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.