Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: North West and Greater Manchester
The purpose of this role is to manage a cluster of operational areas ensuring that key KPI’s related to people; performance - quality; financial and innovation are monitored and achieved as detailed in the Business Plan.
The operational areas will mainly focus on delivering qualifications in areas such as construction and warehousing, as construction is the largest of the areas therefore occupational experience in construction would be essential.
• Development, implementation, and monitoring of business plans and budgets for identified clusters that enable sector sustainability, quality and financial
• Identification, recruitment and management of people to achieve key performance indicators as detailed in the business plan (quality; finance and innovation)
• Identification, delivery and management of programmes that meet key stakeholder needs and result in high quality outcomes
• Performance management of all direct reports, in line with the company standard, to review performance against the key performance indicators agreed
• Identification and delivery of change as needed to deliver continuous improvement and ensure provision and offer is as a minimum good or better
• Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on operating in line with the published company Values and
• Performance management of the team to enable/drive service changes and improvements to increase customer outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service
• Collaborative working with managers across the organisations in order to strengthen the role and contribution of existing services and create new opportunities for services within the LTE Group
Management and Leadership Responsibilities
• Ability to manage performance of targeted outputs and outcomes in line with funding programme guidelines and profiles for a cluster of Sectors
• Ability to plan, co-ordinate and review work and resources, ensuring good quality outcomes with maximum delivery efficiency
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to support the development of Sector teams
• Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced work environment
• Management and monitoring of budget allocations including analysis, reporting and action on variances
• At least 3 years’ experience of managing, delivering and monitoring government funded outcome based programmes
Business acumen to ensure that current and future operations continue on a sustainable and viable basis and can evidence positive outcomes and value in the market in which we are operate
Qualifications and Experience
At least a level 4 qualification and/or other relevant professional qualification/experience or willing to work towards
3 years’ experience of managing, delivering and monitoring government funded outcome based programmes – Desirable
Experience of contributing to the achievement of quality marks as well as developing practical learning programmes
Experience of setting high standards to achieve objectives, continually monitoring levels/standards of support and identifying ways of making improvements
Knowledge and understanding of relevant quality assurance systems particularly the common inspection framework related to further education and skills
Knowledge and understanding of the Apprenticeship Reform agenda
Ability to manage performance of targeted outputs and outcomes in line with funding programme guidelines and profiles for a cluster of Sectors
Ability to plan, prioritise. co-ordinate and review work and resources, ensuring maximum cost and delivery efficiency
Excellent leadership skills and ability to support the development of Sector teams
Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced work environment
Ability to work on your own initiative and be self-motivated
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Good IT skills
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a diverse range of people
Evidence of problem identification and solving abilities
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 18/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.