Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Middlewich
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to lead the Partnership Executive team at Total People. Ensuring our Partner contracts and sub-contractors meet Total People’s expectations in terms of quality, compliance and performance. You will manage a team and work alongside other teams to ensure funding and legal requirements are met and gather qualitative and quantative data to inform senior management decisions. You will be expected to provide regular reports in regards to progress of the contracts.
The role overseas the management of circa 60 sub-contractors and c15 college partners who deliver apprenticeships standards or frameworks and other Government funded programmes on behalf of Total People.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Strategic development and implementation of robust and effective policies, processes, procedures and systems to support the operational effectiveness of Total People in relation to sub-contracting and partner contracts. Produce and maintain internal guidance documents and training on sub-contract management;
• Ability to business plan and manage and challenge budgets for your operational area
• Accountable for achieving overall new clients/learners, ensuring successful timely outcomes
• Recruitment and management of staff and resources to achieve required service response, quality and cost performance indicators
• Management and monitoring of budget including analysis, reporting and action on variances
• Respond to new projects and strategic bids to support growth in your area
• Lead on partner or subcontracts bids/contracts where required for successful outcomes
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
• Work with Total People’s legal team to agree updates to contract documentation and to agree the implementation of regulation/legal changes;
• Actively manage Total People’s sub-contracts and contracts to ensure quality and contract compliance;
• Proactively manage Total People’s relationship with partners through formal and informal processes and communications;
• Manage your team through line management ensuring under performance is managed and adequate resourcing is planned to meet objectives;
• Drive continuous improvement within your own area of responsibility;
• Take a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated;
• Manage delegated resources (e.g. budgets, equipment and contracts) as appropriate, to ensure value for money;
• L4/5 management qualification or other relevant professional qualification
• Experience of supplier and contract management including where services have been delivered through a contractual structure of prime and sub-contractors;
• Experience of working in a project environment where a significant contribution to the overall success depended on services contracted to an external supplier;
• Experience of setting high standards to achieve contract/ project funded objectives, continually monitoring levels/standards of support and identifying ways of making improvements based evaluation/feedback;
• Experience of contributing to the achievement of quality marks;
• Experience of managing risk
• Detailed knowledge of the Education and Skills Funding Agency programmes and associated funding rules;
• Understanding of assessment/IQA/EQA/EPA practices and procedures;
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant quality assurance systems particularly the common inspection framework related to further education and skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of the Apprenticeship Reform agenda;
• Knowledge and understanding of accounts of commercial organisations;
• Knowledge of the education sector and the qualifications market.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues and external parties;
• Flexible and resilient; able to work under stress and tight deadlines both independently and with others;
• Strongly analytical, with well-developed problem solving skills;
• Well-developed negotiating skills, applied in a supplier management environment;
• A good organiser with a natural ability to plan and organise self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets;
• Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, seeks improvements and looks to the future;
• Able to use Microsoft Office products proficiently, in particular MS Excel;
• Able to construct and use financial models to analyse options and to present alternative scenarios.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 25/10/2019 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.