Pharmacy Learning Coach (Assessor)
Permanent Contract See Enclosed Base: North West and Greater Manchester
We are looking for a Learning Coach who has a real passion for developing people to join our the Pharmacy delivery team at Total People
The Learning Coach role is to support and assess learners who are employed in a Pharmacy setting whether this is in Hospital, Community or Industry. As such it is essential that you have worked in a Pharmacy setting and are registered to practice as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
As a Learning Coach, you will be responsible for undertaking a varied and demanding role in supporting a caseload of Apprentice learners in the Workplace and assisting in the growth of the sector.
Although working remotely you will become an integral part of a wider operations team. At Total People we have a team of dedicated colleagues on hand to support you and you will be provided with all the equipment to enable you to work remotely.
• Manage and maintain a caseload of learners and carry out regular learner interventions
• Engage the learner’s line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
• Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
• Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
• Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
• Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these areas
• Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
• Work closely with IQA’s on best practice, development needs and providing sampling, monitoring as detailed in the IQA plan.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
• Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
• Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
• Knowledge and experience of Apprenticeships and NVQs in Pharmacy Services.
• Sound and current experience in Pharmacy and qualified to Level 3 or above and registered with the GPhC.
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of coaching to support learning
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
• Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required. Travelling to see learners at their workplace is an essential part of this role. (A car allowance is provided)
• A recognised assessor qualification and / or post 16 teaching qualification
• Coaching qualification
• Knowledge of Government funded training
Hours: We are looking to fill this role for 3 days per week, however will give consideration to applicants who may be looking for 2 - 4 days work.
Closing Date: If sufficient application forms are received prior to the closing date, the vacancy may close early. Therefore we recommend applying at your earliest opportunity. Should you be interested in this role and would like an informal discussion prior to applying please do not hesitate to email HR@totalpeople.co.uk
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 05/06/2020 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.