Learning Coach - Health and Social Care / Residential Childcare
Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: North West and Greater Manchester
We are looking to recruit a Learning Coach to deliver our apprenticeships and diploma qualifications in Residential Childcare.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who has previous experience working in a Residential Childcare setting and now wants to use their expertise to develop others within the same occupational area.
As a Learning Coach, you will deliver Apprenticeship standards (and other programmes as applicable) to a caseload of learners. Ensuring that all learners experience a high quality learning programme in terms of content, structure and learning support.
You will be required to deliver consistently positive learning outcomes and progress by employing an effective variety of learning methods, skills development, coaching and mentoring with a self-motivated and proactive approach.
Although working remotely you will become an integral part of a wider operations team. At Total People we have a team of dedicated colleagues on hand to support you and you will be provided with all the equipment to enable you to work remotely.
.As a Learning Coach you will be both working with learners remotely and in their workplace, predominantly covering Northwest and Greater Manchester.
• Manage and maintain a caseload of learners and carry out regular learner interventions
• Ensure evidence for learning, achievement, funding and Ofsted is captured effectively and timely including:
20% Off the job training requirements are fully met and recorded
Learners achieve the highest grade in End Point Assessment they are capable of
Individualised learning programmes, agreed with employer and learner based on initial assessments and including Maths and English
• Engage the learner’s line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
• Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
• Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
• Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
• Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these
• Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
• Work closely with IQA’s on best practice and development needs.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
• Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
• Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
• Knowledge and experience of Apprenticeships and Diplomas in Residential Childcare and the assessment process
• Sound and current experience in a residential childcare setting or another children’s health or social care settings
• A qualification in Children’s Social Care at level 3 to 5
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of coaching to support learning
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
• Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required. Travelling to see learners at their workplace is an essential part of this role. (A car allowance is provided)
• An Assessor qualification
• Coaching qualification
• Knowledge of Government funded training
Closing Date: If sufficient application forms are received prior to the closing date, the vacancy may close early. Therefore we recommend applying at your earliest opportunity. Should you be interested in this role and would like an informal discussion prior to applying please do not hesitate to email HR@totalpeople.co.uk
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 21/08/2020 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.