Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Crewe (Burford House)
We are looking for an Employment Adviser who has a real passion for developing young people with disabilities to join our the Supported Internship team at Total People
As an Employment Adviser you will support a caseload of learners with Learning Disabilities on our Supported Internship programme which provides learners with Learning Disabilities the skills and experience to secure paid Employment.
You will predominantly be supporting Interns in the Cheshire area.
• Support the recruitment and assessment of eligible Interns.
• Manage the intern’s individual plan, develop their work skills and provide pastoral support
• Carry out vocational profiling to identify skills, strengths, preferences and the support needs of individual interns
• Engage with employers to secure work placements and realistic employment opportunities understand the concept of job brokering and be able to negotiate job descriptions that meet employer needs and match to the skills and abilities of interns
• Support and guide employers and work place mentors
• Complete risk assessments linked to the work placement
• Provide on the job training in work settings where necessary
• Support Job Coach’s to ensure interns are successful in their employment and provide an appropriate level of related skills and maximise independence
• Work in partnership with tutor whom deliver work skills to set personalised goals
• Apply for and co-ordinate to Access To Work (ATW) claims
• Keep accurate records
• Evidence of skills or experience working with young people with SEN
• Record in delivering similar objectives
• Evidence of skills or experience working with employer engagement or strong customer service background
• Knowledge of barriers to employment for people with disabilities and how to overcome them
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• A genuine passion for learning and development
• The ability to motivate and inspire achievement
• An ability to promote the benefits of Supported internships to businesses and employers
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
• Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required. Travelling to see learners at their workplace/other centres is an essential part of this role. (A car allowance is provided)
• Diploma/certificate in Supported Employment
• Level 3 IAG
• Experience of employment of disadvantaged job seekers
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 12/10/2020 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.