Permanent Contract 37 hours per week Base: Middlewich
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Operations Manager to join our current Operations Team here at Total People. The primary focus is to lead a small number of Managers who manage the operational delivery teams to ensure successful outcomes and customer experience for our learners and employers.
You will need to be driven and dedicated to managing a busy and demanding workload and have a genuine passion for the world of education and putting our learners at the heart of everything you do. Have an extensive understanding of Apprenticeships/Traineeships and funding mythology of 16 to 18 ESFA/Apprenticeships and AEB. Have experience of being part of inspections and the Education Inspection Framework to support your teams through this process and to support the organisations journey to Outstanding.
You will be able to build effective client relationships as well as the ability to network with wider colleagues within the LTE Group and external stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the business you will be required to have a flexible and adaptable approach. Although your primary base will be Middlewich, Cheshire you will be required to attend business in various locations nationwide. A car allowance is provided
Key Accountabilities will include:
▪ Strategic production and implementation of operational work plans and budgets for a cluster of sectors in your operational area.
▪ Ability to business plan and manage and challenge budgets for your operational area
▪ Accountable for achieving overall new clients/learners, ensuring successful timely outcomes
▪ Recruitment and management of staff and resources to achieve required service response, quality and cost performance indicators
▪ Management and monitoring of sector budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances
▪ Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
▪ Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
▪ Respond to new projects and strategic bids to support growth in your area
▪ Instill and lead a high performance culture in your teams with a focus on team work, customer service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
▪ Able to respond to recovery plans (where applicable) and effectively manage performance in your teams
▪ Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase customer outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service
▪ Understand data reports and be able to summarise and interpret them to ensure improvements in your operational area
▪ Collaborative working with the senior leadership team and other operational managers across the organisations in order to strengthen the role and contribution of existing services and create new opportunities for services within the LTE Group
In addition to management experience, there is a need to have prior knowledge and experience of managing and delivering government funded programmes. For a full person specification please email HR@totalpeople.co.uk requesting a copy.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 16/10/2020 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.