Learning Coach for Bus and Coach Apprenticeships (Work Based Learning Assessor)
Permanent Contract 37 Hours - Will consider part time applications Base: London
Total People are looking to recruit a Learning Coach who will be responsible for assessing students on the Bus & Coach Engineering Apprenticeship Standard.
You will be responsible for assessing and supporting apprentices that work for a leading bus company operating out of North and West London and across the south. This will include completing observations/coaching and mentoring/professional discussions/functional skills. You may also be required to support the Tutor at The Perivale Training centre, Greenford, London
Please note as Total People are primarily based in the Northwest, there will be occasion requirements to visit our other centres in Cheshire and Greater Manchester.
Although working remotely you will become an integral part of the Automotive delivery team. At Total People we have a team of dedicated colleagues on hand to support you and you will be provided with all the equipment to enable you to work remotely.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manage and maintain a caseload of learners as agreed with your line manager and carry out regular learner interventions
• Ensure evidence for learning, achievement, funding and Ofsted is captured effectively and timely including:
20% OJT requirements are fully met and recorded as per procedure
Learners achieve the highest grade in EPA they are capable of
• Individualised learning programmes, agreed with employer and learner based on initial assessments and including Maths and English
• Engage the learner’s line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
• Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
• Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners’ needs
• Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
• Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner’s achievement and progress in these areas
• Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
• Work closely with IQA’s on best practice, development needs and providing sampling, monitoring as detailed in the IQA plan.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
• Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI’s
• Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
• Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
• To actively contribute to the Total Peoples commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Relevant occupational sector experience and relevant qualifications (at a level higher than delivery), and/or current updated CPD
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent, or willing to undertake
• Ability to deliver high quality, effective coaching that meets learner needs
• Excellent level of skills in written and oral and presentational areas, understanding the importance of focus on the audience to support learning
• Ability to plan, paying attention to detail and a track record in developing and delivering robust, effective, prioritised plans which achieve KPIs and strategic aims
• Proactively drive learner performance and engagement
• To be customer focused, having the ability to present Total People in a positive manner, persuading and influencing where necessary
• Seeks continuous improvement – seeks to improve processes and implement and embed changes
• Coaching qualification
• TAQA, AVA, A1 or D32/33 Assessor Qualification
• Knowledge of Government funded training
If you are interested in this role and would like to understand more before applying please email HR@totalpeople.co.uk with your contact details.
NB: 04/01/2021 - Job title header updated
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by 22/01/2021 or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.