Support and Marking Tutor - Various Contracts
Temporary Contract Various Contracts Base: See enclosed vacancy
Total People are looking for multiple Support & Marking Tutors on a variety of contracts - casual worker, part time or full time basis.
Casual work will be offered as and when required, this role is ideal for applicants who are looking to obtain temporary work on a flexible basis or to build tutoring skills and experience gradually whilst also doing HR work. The nature of a casual work means that there is no guarantee of regular hours.
Part time and full time work will be available later in the year and we are interviewing now in readiness for this.
Working for Total People, which is part of the LTE Group you will deliver qualifications to both Total People and MOL learners
We’re looking for knowledgeable, enthusiastic and committed tutors to support learning across our CIPD, CMI and APM qualifications.
Responsible for: To offer continuous support and guidance to learners to ensure teaching, learning and assessment remains at a very high standard and learner progression is robustly monitored.
• Provide support and guidance through 1-1 telephone tutorials, email correspondence, and, via our Virtual Learning Environment, to include facilitating online discussions and activities.
• Be the first point on contact on all assessment related content, offering support and guidance to challenge and support learners to achieve their qualification goals.
• Monitor learner progress, including making contact with learners who either fail to submit an assessment, or learners who refer assessments.
• Authorise the late submission of assessments where appropriate.
• Mark assessments according to awarding body marking schemes, and provide each learner with developmental feedback through a variety of mechanisms, including written and verbal feedback to help learners progress through their programme.
• Work closely with the Product Manager to develop pre assessment/examination webinars and study skills briefings associated with each module.
• Identify individual learner needs for additional support, and where necessary refer learners directly to the Customer Experience Team for further information.
• Commit to personal development to maintain and enhance own professional experience.
• Be responsible for maintaining appropriate internal and external quality standards.
Experience / Qualifications
• Minimum Level 5 qualification in HR or Management.
• Experience of marking assessments and providing excellent verbal and written developmental feedback.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring
• Commitment to ongoing CPD
• CIPD Level 7 (or working towards)
• Project Management qualification
• Teaching qualification
• Tutoring / teaching experience.
• Assessor qualification
• IV qualification
• Ability to prioritise and meet specific deadlines.
• Excellent level of communication skills.
• Excellent listening and observational skills
• Ability to build supportive and trusting relationships with learners
• Enthusiastic and creative
• Ability to persuade and influence both internally and in external networks
• Proactive and a strong leader. Able to drive performance and engagement
Should you wish to find out more before applying, please email HR@totalpeople.co.uk with your contact details, which will be forwarded to the recruiting manager to make contact with you.
This vacancy will remain open until sufficient applications have been received, therefore if you are interested we recommend you apply at the earliest opportunity.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our application form and return to HR@totalpeople.co.uk by or alternatively, apply online using our online application form below.
Total People Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.